Saturday, June 22, 2013

Tray 4 & 5

I'm currently on Tray 6.... Just switched them out last night.

Progress… It’s been a while since my last post. I went to the dentist on May 25th at 1pm. My appointment didn’t run very long. Ortho said my teeth are moving as expected. She asked if I had noticed a difference in my bite and although I never paid much attention before there was a big difference. As I bite down I realized my teeth shifted and they don’t touch the way they used to. I did notice slight differences in my teeth, for one it has gotten a lot easier to floss and small gaps have been forming between my teeth. My dentist explained that at this stage of my treatment they are expanding my teeth to make room for the movement that will take place soon. On my next appointment they will be doing some IPR(Interproximal Reduction) which is a big fancy way of saying they will be shaving my teeth to make even more room for the teeth to shift. I've also heard it called "Slenderize". I'm not very excited about this but from my research I hear it's no big deal and pretty painless. My next appointment is on July 6th.

Day to day life…. I’ve been wearing invisalign for about ten weeks, I think I finally got my eating routine down. I’m surprise to say that my day to day life hasn’t changed much. There has been no change to my regular work day. I work at a call center and I’m not allowed any food in my cube so I didn’t really munch during the day. When it comes to the weekend I do notice I think twice before removing my trays... "Is this snack worth it" or " only an hour before dinner, I can wait". I started rating food, and to be honest snacking wasn't worth it. I try and wear my trays at least 22hrs a day. Some days I even wear them longer.
Drinking alcohol.... I'm sad to say that I have decided not to drink anymore alcohol for the remainder of my treatment. In all honesty I'm a lightweight when it comes to drinking and I shouldn't drink alcohol quickly and because my invisalign wear time is so demanding drinking alcohol fast had become a bit of a bad habit. I even lost my trays briefly at home while having a karaoke night with some girlfriends. Luckily my friend Karina found them :) Thanks girlie! I'm sure I'm not missing out on much. Family parties may be a bit challenging since my whole family drinks, but this small sacrifice will be worth it.
Braces vs. Invisalign..... I have some exciting news, My sister-in-law Edith got braces on May 6th and we are thinking about composing a Q and A post for everyone. I'll keep you guys posted on that.
Pictures.... so even thought I've been neglecting my blog, I have been trying to keep up with my invisalign progress through pictures. I see a slight difference here and there but nothing to drastic yet. According to my Ortho the noticeable changes will come after tray 10.
 
Here are picture at the end of Tray 4 


At the end of Tray 5


I will try and post another entry after my appointment on July 6th. I will be getting tray 7, 8, and 9.
Thanks for reading!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment